Re: Anybody has a script to restart squid?

From: Markus Gyger <mgyger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 05:32:08 -0500 (EST)

Youngjoo Song wrote:
> My Squid dies for some reason from time to time. I'm looking into the cause
> of the problem. For the time being, however, I need a script(in csh or
> perl) which periodically detects whether the Squid runs or not and that
> restarts Squid when it's dead.

It's written in sh but if you have a system with a SVR4 file
system layout (HP-UX 10, Solaris 2, Digital Unix), take a look at
contrib/squid.rc and contrib/Makefile. It is a startup script
for directory rc2.d and has a shell function respawn which
restarts squid if it fails. It also provides an intuitive (for SVR4)
interface to e.g. rotate logfiles (init.d/squid rotate), etc.

  Markus