Re: virus scanning by squid?

From: Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:08:00 +1100

I think it is a very good idea to provide such a service.

The way to do it may be to scan for virus if the file matches entries in a
list. For example, if the file (or object) name is *.exe, scan the file
after getting it. If a virus is found, send out a warning html page and
let the user to choose whether to get the file or not.

This service shall give the user one more reason to use the proxy.

Regards

Clement
email address: support@ans.com.au
Web page: http://www.ans.com.au
post address: 14 Fisher Road, Dee Why, NSW 2099, Australia
fax number: +61 2 9972 2633