POST request data terminated at first null byte

From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:32:04 +0000

[This bug report is a little sparse - I thought I'd report it before
getting any deeper into this...]

We're running squid 1.1.5 on Linux 2.0.28.
The cgi's we are accessing allow upload of files, and someone is
attempting to upload GIF files from netscape. This works with a direct
connection, and fails through squid.

The GIF file we are uploading have an initial header and then a null byte.
 The resultant file on the target server has the right length, and the
right content upto and including the null byte. After that the data is
random (mostly nulls).

Looks like the POST data is being copied with a strncpy rather than a
memcpy at a guess.

Anyhow I'll pursue this and see if I can find the culprit.

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]