Squid from Inittab/Reboot

From: Florian Lohoff <flo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:02:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
i am starting squid from the inittab like this:

py:5:respawn:/home/www/squid/bin/squid -s >>/home/www/squid/squid.out 2>&1

Yesterday i had to reboot because of hardware exchange and i had a tail -f
open on the cache.log. I saw theat receiving the INT squid started
to write the log but it received the kill before beeing complete. So
after comming up again it made a slow-rebuild on whole cache
taking some minutes (600MB). Does anyone have a solution ? I mean
also with RunCache it should be the same as INT & KILL come for
all processes not only Inittab entrys.

Flo
PS :Linux 2.0.28/Squid 1.1.5

--