Re: Squid crash caused by full disk ?!

From: Florian Lohoff <flo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:55:26 +0100 (CET)

Andreas Jung typed this originally:

> The last day we had the problem that our squid 1.1.16 because the
> partition with the squid cache dir run out of disk space. We check every 5
> minutes if squid is running. However the restart did not work properly.
> Is this a known bug of squid ?
>
> Tnx in advance
> Andreas

I discovered the same problem some days ago. Squid segfaults in 1.1.6 for me
if it starts to clean up in swap space, when run out of space.
It segfaults again when comming up after restart and trying
to create log.new. I downgraded to 1.1.5 and now it works correct.

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff     mailto:flo@mini.gt.owl.de      Phone:+49-5241-340796
Privates Internet Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Guetersloh - http://www.gt.owl.de