Re: Two Squids Possible ?

From: David Ramahefason <rama@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:46:40 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, James R Grinter wrote:

> I believe someone else used to run a Squid with a second set of swap
> directories, on a different port, and switch them over by changing
> configs and then signalling with a HUP. This would be easier (I
> experimented with the idea), if Squid didn't do a lot of (seemingly)
> unnecessary work when asked to reload its config file.

Yep... but in the probs I want to avoid, there is the hardware side too
possible :)

Cause I've had the prob of the machine taht was not really down.... in
fact it just answered the pings... but nothing else... so my monitoring
tools wasn't able to detec this.... cause I probe to ports....
It wouldn't help to have two squid on a same box... in my opinion..

Cheers

|David Ramahefason, rama@easynet.fr,systems@easynet.fr|
|Administrateur Systeme/Reseau, Easynet France SA |
|Think different Think BSD http://www.FreeBSD.org |
|Wrap around probs with Python http://www.python.org |