Re: Internationalisation of error messages

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:04:13 +1100

Redfern Ian wrote:

  Has anyone looked at providing multiple versions of squid's error
  messages, so that users with particular language acceptance
  preferences
  can get the right one? It's not very friendly to French or German
  users
  to present them with a quite technical message in English if they
  mis-type a URL.

  Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com).

  I'd love to have some customization over it. Currently, I manually
alter the source. At the time I write this our parent proxy (and pretty
much everything else) has dropped off the face of the planet:

The following error was encountered:

    Unable to Retrieve

The system returned:

    The questnet proxies are not responding. Try again shortly.

The cache administrator may need to double-check the cache
configuration.

This means that:

    The requested URL can not currently be retrieved.