Re: Strange Warning.

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 97 09:44:18 -0800

libja@pg.gda.pl writes:

>I have been using Squid ver 1.1.6 (Sun Sparc 670 MP, Solaris 2.5.1) for
>three weeks. Everything works fine, I haven't reported any problems
>from users, but sometimes I get strange message from Squid :
>
>'WARNING: storeUnlockObject : Someone unlocked STORE_PENDING object'
>
>What does it mean ? Is anything wrong with my cache ? I will be
>thankful for any suggestions.

This is a non-fatal bug. If anyone is sufficiently bothered by these
warnings, they could run Squid with the -C option. Then when this
event occurs, Squid will dump core. Then you could use gdb on the core
file and send the stack trace to squid-bugs@nlanr.net and maybe we could
eliminate the bug.

Duane W.