Re: cannot use multicast ICP

From: Martin Hamilton <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 19:41:53 +0000

Kenichi MATSUI writes:

| I have a machine which cannot send/receive multicasted ICP requests.
| Machine's OS is SunOS 4.1.4, and with Squid 1.1.7.
| Other machines join the multicast session successfully, but only the
| machine cannnot. There are no logging by squid. So I don't know what
| should I do.

SunOS 4.1.x needs a kernel upgrade to support IP multicast - can you
check that you're running a multicast capable kernel ? If your kernel
is multicast capable you should be able to run "sd" or "vat" and see
lists of sessions and participants respectively. Is there a route to
the 224 network ? Try "netstat -rn | grep 224" to find out

Cheerio,

Martin

PS More info at <URL:http://www.mbone.com/>
                <URL:http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/mbone/>