Re: How to make squid log access to syslog?

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 20:13:47 +0800 (HKT)

Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> is it possible to make squid log accesses to syslog and not to file
> specified by cache_access_log? I didn't find anything in the docs
> about that.

It's currently not possible. If you really want, see the log_append
function in stat.c. However, at the speed squid writes to the access log,
if this is sent through syslog, syslog might use large amounts of CPU

miguel a.l. paraz  <>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <>