Are ident lookups possible for specific hosts only?

From: Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:06:42 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am using squid-1.1.8 to serve PCs and Workstations. When the client is
a WS I would like to do an ident lookup. When the client is a PC I don't
want that, since the timeout is annoying, and there is no identd for
PCs.

When I use the following acls:

acl PC src pc.in.my.domain
http_access allow PC

acl WSH src ws.in.my.domain
acl WSU user name_of_user
http_access allow WSH WSU

it works. The PC is allowed for access, and from the workstations only the
user name_of_user is allowed.

However, it seems that, as soon as there is one "acl user" line in squid.conf,
that ident lookup is turned on for ALL hosts, but are only used for the ones
specified. So I have a long delay for my PCs to retreive the data.

Is it possible to change this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

        -Andre