Re: squid + ftp = degraded performance? [no solution :-(]

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:03:18 +0100 (MET)

In article <199703031723.SAA22005@IAEhv.nl> I write:

>I checked the changes to comm.c between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and backed out
>those changes on my Squid 1.1.5 proxy (patch at the end). I'm not sure
>what exactly causes the problem so I backed out the whole code instead of
>trying the find the real problem.
>
>The performance of my 1.1.5 squid is now as it used to be but it's 18:00h
>here so I am only sure after tomorrow (when the real traffic hits my
>cache) whether it really solved this very annoying problem.
>
>Let me know if it solves your performance problem too.

Well, this wasn't the problem because the long delays, even for TCP_HIT's,
remained. I reinstalled the previous version I used (1.1 beta6) and
response times are normal again (less than 1 second for TCP hits).

I don't know whether I mentioned it earlier but the Squid cache where this
problem occurs is a rather busy one: 35,000-40,000 conns/hour and an
average of 100 Kbyte/sec during peak hours. I suspect is has to do with
some changes arond the select/poll call but I'm not very familiar with
that piece of code.

Arjan