Reload, expire, etc.

From: Jan Vidar Klevengen <jvk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 18:28:24 +0100 (MET)

I use squid, but there's one thing I don't like about it or don't
understand.

Let's say I visit www.yahoo.com
The page gets saved in squids cache.

The next time I visit www.yahoo.com it will probably read the page
directly from memory.

What is www.yahoo.com gets updated ? Will squid check this and reload
the page or just get it from the cache, memory or whatever ?

If squid can't reload pages when they get updated then it's useless..
Who want a big cache with just old documents ??

BTW: I use dialup. I don't have a permanent Internet Connection.
What I like about squid is that I can visit old URLs using whatever is in
the cache.

Regards
  Jan Vidar Klevengen
  jvk@iname.com