Re: Q&A : Kernel Panic!

From: Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto <mneto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:43:33 -0500 (AST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Ricardo Galli wrote:

> Hi Mario,
> I am quite sure your problem is a memory problem (hardware), which
> is very common in cheap PCs. You notice this problem in squid because it
> uses extensively RAM memory.
>
> We had the ssame problems in our machines until we changed the memory to
> good EDO ones.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> Ricardo Galli
> ATLAS Internet Access Provider
> mailto:gallir@atlas-iap.es
> http://www.atlas-iap.es

Ricardo, thanks for your reply. The memory is already EDO but I dont
recall which 'brand' is it.
I will check, but I usually do some compile-kernel-under-X test to make
sure that there is no problem with the memory. Perhaps this test is not
enough!

Which memory do you use (recommend) ? Kingston ?

Thanks.

| Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto System Administrator |
| WebSlave ! Argo Internet Provider |
| Key fingerprint = CB B8 0E 90 EE 9C D1 91 B5 5E B1 EC 83 4D 78 9B |