Re: Question about the CACHE_STOPLIST_PATTERN option...

From: Gregory Borodiansky <aliceoy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:32:06 +0300

Assar Westerlund wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Anthony Rabaey <ara@raronet.es> writes:
> > > I would like to disable the caching of all the domain names that are
> > > stored on our 2 web servers.
> >
> > Use `local_domain'.
>
> Sorry, too quick on the keyboard.
>
> This should work:
>
> cache_stoplist_pattern ^http://www.raronet.se
>
> (You will want to use `local_domain' in addition to that.)
>
> /assar

A "local_domain" DOES NOT disable the cacheing, it only stops retrieving
local domain's URLs from neighbors and parents.
<squid.conf>
# Usage: local_domain my.domain [ my.other.domain ...]
#
# For URLs which are in one of the local domains, the object
# is always fetched directly from the source and never from a
# neighbor or parent.
#

--
 Gregory.