Weird solution to my problem, bug?

From: Alberto de Poo Bas <adepoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:13:15 -0600 (CST)

I don't know if my english is that bad, or I have a weird problem.

My problem was that I defined a single parent cache, but all my pages were
get direct, no by the single parent.

After days of strungle and moving all configuration parameters, I finally
move the icp_port value (neer the top of the configuration file) from "0"
(the value to disable the icp) to "7", my parent machine do not have a
echo ping server, that's why I put the 0 and not 7 in the first place. But
just like magic, when I execute squid -k reconfigure with this value
changed all begins to work as it should 4 days ago (I didn't work all 4
days in this trouble ;)

If anyone have some information about this, I'll apreciate it.

Thanks.

Alberto de Poo
adepoo@tamnet.com.mx