Problem with uploads...

From: Richard Munro <munro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

We are using Squid 1.1.9. This afternoon one of the professors was trying
to do an upload of material to our FTP server and was getting repeated
failures.

I asked him to try shutting off the proxy server (he was using Netscape)
and try again. It worked. So I thought I'd go and adjust the
configuration file and changed the request_size parameter to 20480 from the
default of 100, thinking that this was causing the problem (the upload was
the latest version of the Internet Explorer).

No go. I'm stumped. I reviewed the logs and it looks like we have been
getting periodic failures but nobody bothered to tell me.

By the way, the error is showing as "ERR_UNSUP_REQ/501".

What have I missed?

Unix System Administration Humber College Network Services Department
munro@moe.acad.humberc.on.ca