different dnsserver problems

From: Johannes Ambrose <sja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:45:52 +1000

I'm setting up squid for the first time and have been reading this
newsgroup and any other info I can find, but nothing so far directly
addresses my problem. At least I don't think so.

When I try to run dnsserver, even with -D, I get the message:
$message DNS Domain '' is invalid: Host not found (authoritative)

As far as I can see my resolv.conf is fine, and I can ping the addresses
ok.

domain sbit.qld.au
nameserver 203.12.176.130
nameserver 203.12.176.145

Running RunCache results in an error message which summed up the way I
felt as I left the office yesterday...

EXITING DUE TO REPEATED, FREQUENT FAILURES

Thanks for any response.