Re: URL_REGEX case insensitive?

From: Kevin Fink <kevin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 09:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Daniel E. Visbal wrote:

> Can you provide us (The squid list) with a copy of your 125.000 sites
> to use as an starting point?.

Unfortunately, no. The list is part of the service we offer, so we can't
give it away. I didn't mean to be a tease - I just wanted to give people
a reasonable estimate of the number of "objectionable" sites out there.
Not to say that our list is complete by any stretch of the imagination -
our reviewers are currently rating about 3,000 per day and block about 1/3
of those. Crazy world...

> Also, wich acl do you have thet with help wit this.

I have completely different ACL types in my version of Squid (they are
optimized for the types of blocking patterns we generate). Again, these
changes to Squid are part of the service we sell, so I can't release
those, either.

In terms of the proxy chaining, the two most common patterns are _-_ and
=@=, but I have seen others as well. They all seem to be variations on
the same theme: aba where a and b are "special" characters. I haven't
take the time to go look at the code they are using to see whether they
compile those in or if people can change them on the fly. We block the
whole site when we find those (as well as blocking those patterns) so we
won't see if they do change them.

Kevin

 Kevin Fink <kevin@fink.com> N2H2, Creators of Bess
 http://www.fink.com/ 1301 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1501
 http://www.n2h2.com/ Seattle, WA 98101
 (206) 971-1400 VOICE (206) 971-1460 FAX (206) 680-7666 PAGER