Re: RADIUS Authorization?

From: Mark Lachniet <lachniet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 20:13:09 -0400

At 01:05 AM 5/7/97 +0200, Arjan de Vet wrote:
>I have planned to implement it, but I won't start with the implementation
>before June 1st or even later because I'm too busy with other things now.
>My proxy_auth via ACL patch (see URL below) was a first step to make it
>possible.

Well, that's really only a month away. When you get something in order, I
would love to help test it. I work for a public school district, and we
could really use it for our Internet access caches. I am not a programmer,
by any stretch of the imagination, but I am good enough to patch up some
code and get the stuff compiled and running.

We are local to MERIT here, and we already have radiusd running on some of
our servers for dialin authentication. If a good plug-in could be done for
squid, it would be cool. I could see a lot of different uses for radius,
actually.

I appreciate your reply, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Thanks a lot,

Mark Lachniet