Re: Squid and Junkbuster (a little off topic...)

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 17:43:22 +0200

On 1997-05-07T22:44:33,
   Graham Toal <gtoal@vt.com> said:

> I looked at junkbuster too but the code was too ropey and it failed too
> often for me to trust it, not to mention the issue above. This evening
> I've just hacked up a general purpose redirector which I'll be submitting
> to the 'contrib' software just as soon as I've made it into publishable
> quality code (ie get rid of statically sized arrays, pre-compile the
> regexps once, the usual stuff...)

I have such a thing ready with a neat web interface. (Documentation is
currently being written)

You can specify lists of regexp based rules (time of day/day of week is
also considered) for a host/netmask and redirect these to another site.

The web interface is PHP based and the redirector is written in perl
(average service time on a P120 is 2ms, so no worry)

Works quite nicely.

I will see if I can release this to the public. (This was contract work)

--
Lars Marowsky-Bree  :homepage email: \  teuto.net administration minden  /
 http://teuto.net/~lmb/ lmb@teuto.net \---------------------------------/