refresh_pattern based on Content-type: ?

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 21:56:54 +0200

Hi there,

while tuning our proxy for maximum performance, I noticed it would be good
to be able to base the refresh_pattern on the content-type.

image/* for example often changes more seldom than text/html. application/*
is even more static (most of the time).

It would be even better to be able to base refresh_times on an arbitrary
header, (like Cache-control: pragma: check for php or something) and
being able to use a scoring refresh_pattern (so that multiple expressions
can affect the stale/fresh state), but this might get too complex to
implement I guess... But I would be happy to be proven wrong ;-)

--
Lars Marowsky-Bree  :homepage email: \  teuto.net administration minden  /
 http://teuto.net/~lmb/ lmb@teuto.net \---------------------------------/