squid commands on telnet to squid port

From: Michael Mansour <mic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 18:57:43 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I remember reading here one time of the ability to telnet to the Squid
(proxy cache) port and be able to type in commands to do things with it.

I need the ability to do this, since I blew away some web pages and
backups aren't restoring, and I know they are in my cache to retrieve, but
don't know how to retrieve them. I cannot up my squid server since I know
that any accesses to non-existant pages will wipe the pages from the
cache. I don't really know how to read the cache.log file to find the
cached pages and graphics either.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thankyou.

Michael.