Re: Using Squid to mediate between user and HTTP proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 01:22:11 +0200

Take a look at the inside_firewall settings.. If you configure squid to
be inside a firewall, then all requests is sent to one of the parents.

All domains matching inside_firewall will go direct, all other throught
your parent proxy (no DNS lookup done/needed).

example:
Corporate proxy: proxy.corp.com port 8080

cache_host proxy.corp.com 8080 7 default
inside_firewall corp.com

---
Henrik Nordström