Help with fqdn in logfiles

From: Brian Rankin <brankin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 12:47:11 -0700 (PDT)

I have squid 1.1.10 on Linux setup to do transparent caching - works
fine. However, as stated in the FAQ, the access log contains raw
ipaddresses.

Could I modify my local squid source to perform a gethostbyaddr just
before Squid writes the log file? I only have 1 DNS at this site, so the
name should already be in the DNS cache (on the DNS server) when Squid
does the lookup.

Any information/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brian Rankin