Re: FTP problems

From: Ernst Heiri <heiri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 07:58:07 +0200

> B.R.Foster@massey.ac.nz writes:
>
> >We are ending up with partial FTPed files in the cache, presumably from a
> >broken transfer. Once an incomplete file is in the cache there isn't any
> >obvious way for a user to cause a reload (is there?), so every time they
> >FTP the file they get the incomplete copy from the cache.
> >I'm not familiar with the FTP protocol, but I presume it's happening
> >because there isn't (always) the ability to determine the file size built
> >into the protocol. Is there any way for squid to check the sizes of FTPed
>
> It depends if you are using a parent cache.

We don't use any parent - we are using siblings:
But we found a partial FTPed file too.
This corrupted File was cached by our proxy and sent back to the end user
the next time the same object was requested.
An end user can not even make a reload to make a second attempt.
(squid 1.1.8 and Solaris 2.5.1)

Ernst

----------------- SWITCH Swiss Academic & Research Network ------------------
Ernst Heiri Voice: +41 1 268 1540 (direct: 1543)
SWITCH Head Office Fax : +41 1 268 1568
Limmatquai 138 Mail : heiri@switch.ch
CH-8001 Zurich, Switzerland Mail : S=heiri;O=switch;P=switch;A=400net;C=ch;