Anybody interested in a SOCKS4 patch?

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 08:49:48 +0200 (MET DST)

I recently found a way to use Squid with a Socks version 4 firewall.

- I modified Squid to do non-blocking connects to the socks4 server. The
  code needed (only 25-30 lines of C-code, excluding configuration stuff)
  is just an implementation of the socks4 spec. I looked at the
  implementation of Rconnect in the socks library and as far as I could
  see (the code is not very readable :-() it uses fork() and then a
  modified select (Rselect) to do non-blocking connects and we do not want
  Squid to fork of course.

- ftpget uses the normal socks4 library, no need for non-blocking stuff
  here.

If there's interest, please let me know and I'll put it on-line with some
documentation how to use it. If there's no interest, well, I don't have to
write the docs :-), so that's why I'm asking first.

Arjan