Problem: Virtual Hosts / Apache / Multiple Ports

From: Daniel Schneider <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 22:58:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone,

I currently have the folling problem which I would like to sove as soon as
possible but I don't know how. I hope someone can help:

I am running the following config:

multiple ports
http_port 80
http_port 3128

(but that doesn't seem to be the problem)

I have a Apache Web Server running on Port 81.

I can redirect all request for
http://www.westfalen.de/

to Port 81, that works absolutley fine. www.westfalen.de ist the major
name used by Apache.

Now comes it: I want need to supply several Virtual Host inside Apache. So
I want a

www.next.domain running in the same Apache.
so I configured a Virtual Host. Now squid should do the following:

contact www.next.domain:81 when someone request http://www.next.domain.
But i doesn't. I allways get the main page of www.westfalen.de.

I tried nearly all config-options I could find for Squid and Apache.

When I contact
http://www.windhoff.de:81/
(which is one of those Virtual Hosts, I currently have uploaded only my
own homepage for testing purposes)
everything works fine. I can get the the right page. When I do
http://www.windhoff.de/
I get the page of www.westfalen.de.

Try it yourself.

Does anyone know a solution?
Or could someone please take a look at my config-files, I can send them to
you instantently.
How exactly do I use the virtual option in httpd_accel, and what exactly
does it?

Hope to find an answer.

Bye!

Daniel Schneider