Squid is slow.

From: Basil McCrea <mccrebsi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 15:35:52 +0200

Hi,

I've been testing Squid as a replacement for our Harvest proxy. My test system is a HP7xx
running hp-ux 9.0x. The system is not the fastest but at present I'm the only person
accessing the proxy and access to it are at least 10 times slower than to the Harvest
cache. Accessing cached files is just at bad.

I assume that I have done something wrong. I've looked though squid.conf for things that
might be performance related, dns lookups, timeouts.... but have not suceeded in speeding
things up.

Has anyone any pointers or suggestions?

Thanks

Basil