Re: How to stop pictures

From: Cord Beermann <cord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 10:41:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (g.waraich) hast geschrieben:

> Greeting to all you guys. I have just put squid-1.1.10 on our
>proxy server in Indian Institute of Technology of Bombay (India) and it is
>running very fine. According to the institute policies, i have succeeded
>in restricting the certain site deemed unfit by using Ian's (remember tin)
>redirector suite of 2 perl script.

>How can i stop pictures from being downloaded with squid. We have to do
>this because of low-bandwith and other problems. With CERN httpd, i could
>do it with PICTURE_PROT in caching.conf.

Hmmm. this directive is unknown to me, but CERN is a long time ago
for me ;-)

The lines below prevent from getting *.gif *.jpg *.zip ... -files

# acl aclname urlpath_regex \.gif$ ... # regex matching on URL path only
acl images urlpath_regex \.gif$ \.jpg$
acl binaries urlpath_regex \.zip$ \.gz$ \.Z$

http_access deny images binaries
http_access allow all

Cord

--