Re: Listing Of Any Problems

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 22:27:50 -0500 (CDT)

> Is there a listing of any known problems in the latest release of Squid?
>
> We are forming a beta team here to test it shortly... and I'll gladly post
> any comments that are forwarded by the 20 selected dial-up users here.
>
> I'd like to be somewhat prepared for any common problems (if any) that we
> might run across...

I have two squid caches connected to two different T1s and each cache has
an external parent and also uses the other cache as a parent too, the
intention being that if either T1 is down pages will be fetched from
the other one. Unfortunately when one goes down we get hellish problems
with recursion between the two machines and rapidly run out of open
file descriptors. If your testing is able to look at systems of this
complexity, there's lots of stuff there to look at.

(Unfortunately I have had such a busy schedule lately, and these outages
are (thankfully) so infrequent that I haven't had a chance to try to
debug this myself or pass any info to the squid team. Also I have two
running systems and no safe testbed to experiment with :-(

PS Otherwise it has behaved superbly.