stuck on problem with a URL

From: Joel Gallun <joel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 15:32:08 -0400 (EDT)

We have a problem here with a particular URL. The setup is:

  customer netscape browser --> squid 1.1.9 --> squid 1.1.9

when the client requests this URL:

http://latrec.cninc.com:4080/world/html/index.html

it responds with 'object contains no data'. Here's an example using lynx:

  [root@proxy cache]# export http_proxy=http://proxy.loudoun.com:3128/
  [root@proxy cache]# lynx \
    http://latrec.cninc.com:4080/world/html/index.html

  lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain
      Exiting...

If I unset http_proxy it pulls the URL up just fine.

I looked at the object as stored on disk and it looks like:

  HTTP/1.0 301
  Server: iChat/2.21