Re: acl: dstdomain and dst

From: Malcolm B.J. Garbutt <mgarbutt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:17:05 +1000 (EST)

My Guess is that if you have a block on local servers, and you probably
have the referal page on a local server, they will not get it.

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jayme Cox wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a squid server running as a proxy server which is the only
> object allowed to talk to the outside world. We have several Web machines
> inside our firewall which the squid server is NOT allowed to talk to. We
> have a proxy.pac file which makes browsers go DIRECT to those internal Web
> servers. However, every once in a while someone forgets to configure their
> browser correctly and tries to go through the squid server to get to a
> local web machine.
> I am trying to give an error message to those users to let them
> know they need to configure their browsers correctly. This is the setup I
> have now (only it doesn't work as expected):
>
> acl badbrowser dstdomain LOCAL.com !squid.LOCAL.com
> acl badurl url_regex ^http://*.LOCAL.com !^http://squid.LOCAL.com
>
> http_access deny badbrowser
> http_access deny badurl
>
> deny_info http://squid.LOCAL.com:8080/heystupid.html badbrowser
> deny_info http://squid.LOCAL.com:8080/heystupid.html badurl
>
> Now, I have a web server running on squid.LOCAL.com:8080 which has a page
> I'd like the user to get when they try something naughty. However, it
> gives the same Access Denied message no matter what. Am I doing something
> realy wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> --Jayme

Malcolm Garbutt
Network Operations-
MILDURA.NET MURRAY.NET

Office Ph. 03 50 212 991 Office Fax 03 50 212 932
Emergency Ph. 018 596 150

            .....Bringing the World to You......