cache refresh rate

From: Richard S. Gray <sgray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 17:22:30 -0400

Hi,

Is there some way to adjust squid so that it will never attempt to
refresh the cache? For testing purposes, I would like to work with only
the data already in the cache. Ideally, I would like not to have to
connect to the internet at all I've been able to start squid despite
having no internet connection with the following command: "squid -D".
This command works fine initially, however, squid evenutally stalls. I
think squid is trying to update the requested object because squid does
not stall if my system is connected to the internet via my ppp account.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Gray