Re: Squid access.log Messages

From: Cord Beermann <cord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 14:37:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Samath Wijesundara) hast geschrieben:

>I am using squid with the FreeBSD.
>
>What is the best method to start the squid initially.

The _best_ method is the one that satisfy all your needs. (OK this
is philosophical)

>At the moment I am using the following entry in the /etc/rc.local

> /usr/local/squid/bin/RunCache &

For me RunCache does nearly all that i need (to run squid as Proxy),
it restarts squid if it crashes (which is seldom), and if it dies on
startup it tries to restart it a few times and ends if it doesn't
come up after a specific time.

Yes, i said 'nearly': It doesn't send SIGUSR1 regulary to rotate my
logfiles, i have implemeted this in a script which runs daily from
cron.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann        http://www.Wunder-Nett.org/~cord/