RE: How can I check ....

From: Michele Santucci <tux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:36:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On 10-Jun-97 Julie Xu wrote:
>How can I check the size of the cache?
> When we talk about size of the cache, do we mean disk size of cache or
>cache mem or cahce swep?
>
>How can I check the average volume served per day?
>
>How can I check the number of clients using on an average day?
>
>How can I check the refresh patterms for our cache?
>
>Any comments will be appreciated

All this question have only one answer: cachemgr.cgi

you can install it in the cgi-bin of a www server

After this you can use it to query your cache server, a simple form will ask
you address port & password for the server. A cycle gadget will let you select
which information retrieve.

NOTE: You will have to properly configure squid to let you access.
By default there's a restriction access list (acl) to prevent cachemgr.cgi
outer LAN access.

have a nice day bye.... TuX!

 <0> Michele Santucci - Tech Sta/-/- of Shiny Corporation - <0>
 <0> AKAs: tux@shiny.it <0>
 <0> s168695@studenti.ing.unipi.it <0>
 <0> tux@castagna.it <0>
 <0> Homepages: http://www2.shiny.it/~tux <0>