Re: PURGE functionality..

From: Bernd P. Ziller <bziller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:06:13 +0200 (METDST)

> From: Robert Thomas <rob@rpi.net.au>

> Righto. Here's my problem. I'm running a redirector for all the commonly-
> grabbed files. I want to purge all the half-finished, and full files from
> squid. I have a problem when I try to purge FTP's tho:
>
> Escape character is '^]'.
> PURGE ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/demos/diablosw.exe HTTP/1.0

> This request method is not supported for this protocol.

> Am I doing anything wrong? I can purge HTTP requests without a problem

You'll have to patch the file 'url.c' in the squid src directory to
allow the PURGE-method for all protocols:

[...]
  int
  urlCheckRequest(const request_t * r)
  {
      int rc = 0;
      if (r->method == METHOD_CONNECT)
        return 1;
      if (r->method == METHOD_TRACE)
        return 1;
+ if (r->method == METHOD_PURGE)
+ return 1;
      switch (r->protocol) {
      case PROTO_HTTP:
[...]

Just add the two lines, recompile and purge your ftp-objects.

Regards,

--
   Bernd                  bziller@ba-stuttgart.de
      http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~bziller/