Re: squid and NT4.0 IIS3.0

From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Guy Roelant wrote:

> This IIS uses Windows NT Challenge/Response for password authentication.
> This info doesn't seem to be proxied when a user on our lan uses our
> intranet server.
>
> Is there any way i can make this work??

   As long as it's on your LAN, you're not going to lose much by *not*
   proxying it (speed-wise) and aren't likely to gain a lot by using a
   proxy as one user's info isn't the same as the next ...

   How about an autoproxy config so the browsers to access this server
   directly and don't go through your squid at all?

   andrew. (brennan@allegheny.edu)