Re: Novell including Squid in "Border Manager Product"

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 97 13:51:45 -0700

nullc@nightshade.ml.org writes:

> My concerns are that:
> 1) From what I can tell, Squid developers were not aware
> of this.
> 2) I fear they will not abide by the FSF licence that
> squid is under.

The product from Novell is not a port of Squid, although they did have
a look at the Squid code to see how ICP and some other features were
implemented.

I was made aware of Novell's product a few months ago. From what I
understand, the product is not yet official (still beta testing).
Novell has offered to give us (NLANR) a box for doing ICP
interoperability testing, and we're really looking forward to that.

Duane W.