My domain names are backwards

From: Duncan Anker <dunc1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 18:46:50 PDT

Hi all,

I recently ran the summary scripts over my log files to get some
idea of who's doing what, and noticed that client names are
reversed, so for example I get:

au.edu.tafensw.itns.nsp

showing up in the logs. This is not overly helpful since all the
machines in our lab start with nsp.

It's an easy enough problem to fix, I suspect I just need to remove
the call to rev_fqdn in the script, but I am more interested in
knowing why this is the case, and fixing the source of the problem
rather than kludging.

TIA

--
Duncan Anker         http://www.angelfire.com/or/darcknight/

We cannot choose what we are.
Yet what are we but the sum of our choices?