Re: Firewall & Squid & ftp ?

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:46:39 +0100

At 21:39 24/06/97 -0700, Bettina Getzkow wrote:
>Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
>> Make sure port 1080 is the port of your http-gw, not your ftp-gw, or
>> anything else.
>>
>I did make shure that 1080 is the port of our http-gw, not anything
>else.

In that case, everything should work!! Hmm...

>Do you understand the error from the FWTK that occurs:
>"500 Illegal Port Command"
>We couldn't find this message in the source of the FWTK. We're using
>FWTK 2.0?

That message doesn't seem to be a squid problem. That sounds like something
that is being returned from the ftp server to the http-gw. Try the following:

cd /usr/local/squid/bin # or wherever you keep your squid binaries
client -h <firewall IP> ftp://ftp.something.com/

Fill in the firewall's IP address and an appropriate ftp destination in
place of the "something". Look at the output (which will be in HTML, so
ignore the tags), and see if its still an error page. If it is, then it
isn't squid at fault, and you should check the config of your firewall - if
you have any problems with this, join the fwtk-users mailing list (the docs
with the fwtk should tell you how).

If it isn't an error, i.e. it works, then I'm stumped!!!!

Jonathan L.

Origin UK,323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel: +44(1223)423355
------[ Do not think that every sad-eyed woman has loved and lost... ]------
April 12th! Ra!Ra!----[ she may have got him. -Anon ]-----April 12th! Ra!Ra!
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my own fault