squid + mbone performance differences

From: Dave Zarzycki <zarzycki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 97 15:53:52 -0700

I would like to use the multicast capabilities of squid to ideally
increase the performance and hit ratio of my machine. (I'm waiting for my
ISP to support the mbone, sniff...)

If there are any other users out there that are currently using squid and
the mbone, can you please post your before and after results for hit
ratios, etc. I am curious as to what kind of results I can expect to see
once my ISP gets their act together.

TIA

Dave Zarzycki

Dave Zarzycki Student
Workgroup Server QA Tester San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.
zarzycki@apple.com zarzycki@ricochet.net