What is the mechanism for killing a redirector process?

From: Simon Rainey <srainey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 11:16:37 +0100

Hi all,

I've written a redirector in C and everything works fine except that if I
kill the Squid process I'm left with redirectors running. As far as I can
tell, Squid doesn't pass on the kill signal to the redirectors, although
HUP signals are passed on. Squid appears to kill the dnsserver processes by
sending the string "$shutdown", but no such string is passed to the
redirector processes. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Cheers,
Simon.

Simon Rainey Direct Line: 01235 823238
Senior Internet Consultant Fax: 01235 823424
RM Internet for Learning E-mail: srainey@rmplc.net
New Mill House, 183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SE, England