Re: (adding disk space with smitty and squid.conf)

From: Dave Zarzycki <zarzycki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 97 23:12:47 -0700

>I need to add disk space for cache. I would like to know do I need add
>space by smitty first then change cache_swap in squid.conf or I can only
>change squid.conf ?

I assume that you are using AIX (because of the reference to smitty).

If you set the cache_swap size to something bigger than the logical
volume, you will run into problems as squid unexpectedly runs out of disk
space. Therefore, it would be wise to increase the size of the logical
volume first, before telling squid that the cache directory is bigger.

davez

Dave Zarzycki Student
Workgroup Server QA Tester San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.
zarzycki@apple.com zarzycki@ricochet.net