ipcache_init: DNS name lookup tests failed.

From: Scott Donovan <sdd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 16:34:41 +1000

Hi folks,

I have a FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE machine at home which has been running
squid-1.1.2 for a 3 months, and I had to upgrade a number of caches to
1.1.10 (1.1.11 failed to compile :-( ). The only machine it wont work on is
mine at home.

I have recently started running a named process. All name resolution works

except/but/however :-) squid gives me

ipcache_init: DNS name lookup tests failed. On startup. I checked the mail
lists archives, I noticed this question was asked a number of times, but no
answer. I find this an odd one as I have it working on other FreeBSD
machines without difficulty (and in fact extremely happy with them).

Any help here would be great..

Scott D.