Re: Q: Parent-child hierarchy

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 00:39:58 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Dileep Agrawal wrote:
> I need to set up a Squid cache as a CHILD of a working Squid cache. In the
> new squid cache, when a page is requested:
>
> 1. it should check its own cache.
> 2. if not found, it should query the PARENT. The parent should retrieve
> the page for the child (if not already in its cache) and add the new
> material its own cache. The CHILD should also add the material to its cache.

This is the default behavior.

> How can I achieve this? I have already configured the new cache with
> information on the parent. I am using none of the options. Is this
> enough?

Which options? Command line options?

> I tested some pages and found that the child always retrieved
> pages from the parent that were originally served by the parent.

Do you mean, the child retrieves the pages that the parent has already
served to it? It may be that the page was never cached by the child.
Check your access.log and store.log.

Cheers,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-750-2288