Re: wget | squid ??

From: Gregory Maxwell <nullc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 19:33:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:

> I use wget to fill squid, configuring wget to use a proxy, but what I
> must do to squid to work offline???
>
> [],

I would guess it would be a simple source modification if there isn't some
config way to do it.. The only way I can think to make the config do it is
to change refresh pattern and dns ttl so that the contense doesn't expire
for months.. So it should never try to connect.. Then you must disable DNS
lookup tests.. (-D at startup I think) The idea is to make it think that
all objects are fresh and not even a IMS is nessassary..