request_size (squid configuration value)

From: Michael Alan Kozuch <kozuch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

I am a little unsure regarding the function of the 'request_size'
configuration parameter. I assume that this value indicates the largest
size object which may be considered to be cachable by squid. Is this true?

If so, the 100kB default value seems small when considering .ps files,
.exe files, .mpg files, etc. In particular, does this make popular
browser executable files uncachable?

Hoping that someone may clarify.
Thanks,
Mike Kozuch