Re: URL_REGEX case insensitive?

From: Kevin Fink <kevin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 19:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Kevin Fink wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Stefan Berg wrote:
>
> > Question: How do I make the url_regex match case _insensitive_?
>
> As far as I know the only way to do this is to change all lines with calls
> to regcomp() to include the flag REG_ICASE in the third field. Note that
> the GNU regex code is powerful but very slow and very memory hungry. I
> would NOT recommend trying to use large acl lists with it...

Just an update to keep things current:

In newer versions of Squid (1.1.11 is the one I'm looking at now),
REG_ICASE can be ORed into the flags variable by calling
aclParseRegexList() with the second argument set to 1 instead of the
default of 0. The calls are made in aclParseAclLine() which is found in
acl.c.

It would be very easy to add an option so that you could specify
url_regex/i instead of url_regex, but that doesn't seem to be in the code
yet. If anyone is still interested in this, I would be happy to provide
patches directly or to Duane.

Kevin

 Kevin Fink <kevin@fink.com> N2H2, Creators of Bess
 http://www.fink.com/ 1301 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1501
 http://www.n2h2.com/ Seattle, WA 98101
 (206) 971-1400 VOICE (206) 971-1460 FAX (206) 680-7666 PAGER