Re: wget | squid ??

From: Tte1. Navarro - Soporte T. <tte1_navarro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:48:17 -0500

Hello:

> acme@conectiva.com.br writes:
>
> >I use wget to fill squid, configuring wget to use a proxy, but what I
> >must do to squid to work offline???

> Okay, seriously, probably the only thing you need to do is
> diable 'dns_testnames' in the config, or with -D on the
> command line. Squid should then give you anything it
> has cached. Its probably not necessary to change the refresh
> patterns because Squid will give you cached objects when the
> refresh connection fails.

a)May somebody tell me what "command line" referes about, this is an
attribute when I run Squid or is there any admninistrative environmet
where I can type this option??

b)What I get using wget with squid??

c)Where can I find more user documentation of Squid, I read the hole
Squid home and the information is short (I don't mean the FAQ I mean
some user manual)

 Thanks
MARINA DE GUERRA DEL PERU
Dpto. de SOPORTE TECNICO